Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

This Week In Science #14

This week in science what I did was make a Marine Digital Food Chain. I think that is was very easy because during class I got a clear understanding. David did a lesson about Biodiversity. Toward the end of the week we made a presentation about overconsumption with our group. Each group got a certain topic like, natural gas, hydropower, petroleum, wind basics, solar basics, or coal basics. We had to answer some questions like whether or not the resources were renewable or nonrenewable. I think that my group did pretty well but we could have done better. I think part of it was due to not having time to rehearse. We were disorganized in who got to speak and not.

This week in science I learned about what is biodiversity. Biodiversity means the "variety of life." Bio meaning life and diversity meaning variety. My group worked on hydropower and we learned some new interesting facts. I found out that hydropower is nonrenewable. Hydropower produces the most electricity in the United States. Also hydropower relies on the water cycle and it makes sense because of the name hydropower. Hydro means water.

No comments:

Post a Comment