Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

This Week in Science #6

1. This week in science we did our cricket investigation. We researched about crickets. We  researched about their diet, and what type of environment they live in. We also came up with some ideas for investigation questions. Another thing we did in science this week was observe some crickets. We tried to collect data about whether the cricket like a wet environment more than a dry one. We used charts to collect our data. On Wednesday we classified jelly beans by their appearance. To me the word classify means to separate a group things by their appearance. We classified them by whether or not they had dots, or a specific color of dots. We made a dichotomous key for our jelly beans. The dichotomous key made it easier for us to understand and track which jelly bean was which.



2. This week in science I learned about crickets. On Monday I researched about crickets. I learned that they have good vision and hearing. Crickets have compound eye which means that they are able to see in many directions at once.  I learned about crickets diet which consists of tomatoes, garden fresh fruits, fresh seedlings, fungi, alfalfa, apples, bananas, grapes, and etc. I also found out the reason why and how crickets make music. The way that the crickets are able to make music is by rubbing their body parts together. They do this to mate with the female crickets. I learned how to make and use a dichotomous key. I used the dichotomous key to help me classify the jelly beans David gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment